The WGC is a community of women philanthropists who are
strategically pooling their funds and leveraging their dollars to help
women and girls in Howard County.
The WGC raises money and makes grants to fund organizations that provide direct services in the community. Women’s Giving Circle donors have the opportunity to give and get involved in a variety of ways.
WGC is a fund of The Community Foundation of Howard County
Your gift is tax deductible in accordance with the Internal Revenue Code. A copy of the current financial statement of The Columbia Foundation is available by calling (410) 730-7840. Documents and information submitted under the Maryland Solicitations Act are also available, for the cost of postage and copies, from the Maryland Secretary of State.
The Women’s Giving Circle is building a community of philanthropists and creating a permanent legacy to address the needs of women and girls in Howard County.
* To expand philanthropy and increase giving by local women
* To build a permanent endowment fund
* To increase the life skills of women and girls
* To encourage the healthy development and personal authority of young girls
* To raise the awareness of gender disparities in our community
* To sustain the WGC for future generations
The WGC's latest report to donors and an historical perspective of the grants, activities and programs of the WGC distributed at the 2012 Annual Meeting. Highlights 2013 will be available soon!